Liam is having a good day. He has been up playing since he woke up from his nap. The last few days he has been eating small amounts of food at lunch and dinner. Still not interested in breakfast. But he get feeds all night through his ng tube. So eating is a big thing post transplant His blood cultures as of today are still negative. Just praying that the medicine will completely get rid of the bacteria. They will recheck the cultures in a couple of days. His last dose of meropenum is on the 15th. He will conitnue on the bactrim. Thank you for your prayers.
The family and friends of our little warrior, Liam Smith are uniting to raise support in helping him and his family as they fight to overcome Liam’s rare, but life threatening disease. We hope you will join us.
By Mail to:
Liam R. Smith
P.O. Box 1183
Woodland, WA 98674
Activate your Email Subscription
Click on the link above to start your Subscription. You will receive a verification message. FeedBurner activates your subscription to “Liam's HLH Journey” once you respond to this verification message.
You will need to click on the confirmation link in your email to "ACTIVATE" your subscription.
Thank you for following Liam's Journey
YOU MUST REGISTER TO LEAVE A COMMENTDue to the overwhelming amount of SPAM, you must register first to leave a comment. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
This was taken 12 days before Liam was admitted to the Emergency Room.
34 days after starting HLH-2004 Protocol, chemotherapy and steroid treatment.
ANC (Absolute Neutrophil Count) 0
October 17, 2012
Today, I was admitted to the hospital to start the preparation to receive donor cells from my big brother Hunter. Please keep us both in your prayers.
TOTAL PAGE VIEWSThank you for visiting Liam's blog.
Seattle Children’s Hospital
4800 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle, WA 98105
Dr. Jean Sanders and Liam
Dr. Jean Sanders built the pediatric transplant program at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and provided exemplary medical care and compassion for thousands of patients and their families. During her career she trained more than 90 specialists in her field and authored over 300 scientific publications. She also chaired multiple cooperative research group studies and served as advisor for many medical and scientific organizations including the Children's Oncology Group, the National Childhood Cancer Foundation, the American Academy of Pediatrics and National Institutes of Health.
Click on the photo to read about Dr. Jean Sanders. You will be redirected to http://questmagazine.wordpress.com/2012/06/11/pediatric-transplant-pioneer-jean-sanders-built-the-hutchinson-centers-and-the-nations-pediatric-transplant-program/
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
825 Eastlake Avenue E.
Seattle, WA 98109
1354 Aloha St.
Seattle, WA 98109
1335 Aloha St. (under the clinic)
Seattle, WA 98109
Need help finding SCCA?
Call (206) 288-SCCA (7222) or
(800) 804-8824 .
We are dedicated to raising awareness about histiocytic disorders, providing educational and emotional support, and funding research leading to better treatments and a cure.
- The Birthday Boy…
- September is Histio Awareness
- DAY +231 ~ LIAM’S CHIMERISM TEST RESULTS 2nd BMT
- DAY +218 – Three years ago today…
- DAY +195 Clinic Appointment
- The Birthday Boy…
- LIAM’S CHIMERISM TEST RESULTS 2nd BMT – DAY +28, +42, +84, +114, +127, +156
- 2nd BMT – DAY +153 update – 5 months post Transplant
- 2nd BMT – DAY +132 ~ Liam is doing good.
- 2nd BMT – DAY +110 – Coming Home :)
- 2nd BMT – DAY +84
- 2nd BMT – DAY +82
- Liam learning to ride his bicycle (Video Link)
- Spit for a Cure: New Study to Define the Role of Inheritance in Histiocytic Diseases
- Liam is my HERO…
- 2nd BMT – DAY +79 Mommy’s Superman
- Mommy’s beautiful baby boy
- 2nd BMT – DAY +70
- 2nd BMT – DAY +67
- 2nd BMT – DAY +66
- Nana on My Hero… FB post by Mommy
- Ann on From a friends page..
- Auntie Deb on DAY+ 606
- Diane Balch on DAY +603
- Ann on DAY +600 UPDATE
- Nada Collins on Still no real answers…
- Debra Tsugawa on Liam is going to receive Hunters cells today, please pray… updates from mommy
- Nana on Today you can tell Liam is not feeling a 100% :(
- Ann on Today you can tell Liam is not feeling a 100% :(
- Ann on Picc Line placement today : (
- 1st BMT – DAY +0 Transplant Day – Photos
- 1st BMT – Journal Updates to Day +50
- 1st BMT – Liam’s Chimerism Engraftment Results
- Bone Marrow Registry Info
- Fundraising for Liam
- HLH Stories
- Kristy’s Twitter Updates
- What is HLH or FHLH?
- Alexandra H. Filipovich, MD – special interest in histiocytic disorders, especially Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (HLH)
- Applying for Social Security Benefits for histiocytosis.
- Diagnostic criteria for hemophagocytic lymphohistocytosis (HLH)
- Diaper Rash Care & Home Remedies
- What are the symptoms of adrenal insufficiency?
- September 2015 (2)
- October 2013 (2)
- September 2013 (2)
- August 2013 (2)
- July 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (20)
- April 2013 (15)
- March 2013 (33)
- February 2013 (13)
- January 2013 (20)
- December 2012 (7)
- November 2012 (9)
- October 2012 (18)
- September 2012 (9)
- August 2012 (7)
- July 2012 (11)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (7)
- April 2012 (19)
- March 2012 (14)
- February 2012 (10)
- January 2012 (26)
- December 2011 (9)
- November 2011 (13)
- October 2011 (16)
- September 2011 (23)
- August 2011 (27)
- July 2011 (29)
- June 2011 (36)
- May 2011 (25)
- April 2011 (11)
- March 2011 (7)
- February 2011 (5)
- January 2011 (13)
- December 2010 (14)
- November 2010 (13)
- October 2010 (16)