When you join the Be The Match Registry, you become part of every patient’s search for a bone marrow donor.
You could be the one to save a life.
It’s easy to join the Be The Match Registry:
1. Confirm you meet basic registry guidelines.
2. Complete the online form and order your registration kit. When you join, please also consider making a financial contribution.
3. Follow the instructions in your kit to collect a swab of cheek cells and return the kit.
Medical Guidelines for Joining the Registry
When you join the Be The Match Registry, you will complete a health questionnaire to confirm you meet the medical guidelines. The medical guidelines protect your health as a potential donor, as well as the health of transplant patients.
The guidelines below describe many factors that may make a person medically ineligible to join the Be The Match Registry. The guidelines listed here do not include every situation that could prevent a person from donating. If you are identified as a potential match for a patient, you will receive a physical exam to be sure it is safe — for both you and the patient — to donate.
Myths & Facts about Bone Marrow Donation
Learn the facts about bone marrow donation to help you make an informed decision about joining the Be The Match Registry.
Here is the info Kandie found, it is a Lab in Portland, OR.
You will get your results from the test.
Kashi Clinical Labs (503-206-6860).
First, there are two types of matches –
1) A Related Match which is where persons are typed to see if they match one specific patient and this is the only patient they are interested in being typed for. The NMDP is not involved in related matches; these are done by private labs such as Kashi Clinical Labs (503-206-6860).
2) An Unrelated Match which is performed by the NMDP is where the potential donor is volunteering to donate to ANY patient that they may match, not for a specific patient.